Wednesday, November 20, 2013

#016: The Fourth Doctor - Character Options 5-inch figure

IMG_2642

Character Name: The Fourth Doctor
Series/Property: Doctor Who
Toy Line: Doctor Who (Eleven Doctors Action Figure Set)
Company: Character Options
Year Released: 2010
Size/Scale: 5 inches
Character's First Appearance: "Planet of Spiders" (1974)
Toy Based on Appearance in: "Seeds of Doom" (1976)
As portrayed by: Tom Baker
Style: Modern Action Figure


Tom Baker is tied for my favorite Doctor, and "City of Death" is probably my favorite serial next to "The Invasion."  When I was young in the late 80's/ early 90's PBS no longer showed any Fourth Doctor serials, and the VHS cassettes were incredibly expensive and rarely seen for sale.  When I rediscovered the show in the early 2010's, I finally saw "Pyramids of Mars," one of the most famous and popular of the Fourth Doctor's serials.  It did not disappoint, and I continued on to watch all the serials I could.  Baker is probably the most famous and well-known Doctor, and that is because he is simply amazing in the role.



IMG_2648

I'm sure you will see this figure again and often on this blog, it's one of my favorites.

Sources:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_Doctor

No comments:

Post a Comment